Ain't About What's Waitin' on the Other Side...

I had a vivid dream... man, I'm still sick from this one... that I was climbing a huge cliff. There were always weird hand and foot holds, like at one point it was bunches of hanger tops to hook my fingers around. And then at the very top it became bars with soft balls of some type at the end.

What's more important about my dream was the very end; and the funny thing is through the entire dream I remember being focused on climbing, but I don't remember there being anyone else with me. I got to the top and I was holding on for dear life... since at this point I just climbed hundreds of feet up a 90 degree drop (haha, it's a dream, doesn't have to be realistic), and suddenly there were these 4 men at the top with me. I was happy about that because I wasn't sure if I could make it up the last little bit without help.

The first guy lunges up and makes it, and then i'm begging him to help me but he goes for his brother instead. And after he pulls his brother up, they wander off and start laughing and chatting and completely ignore me. I wanted to scream, but I knew even just the movement of my body doing that would make me lose my balance... so i just sat there. And then I woke up panting.
MAN, all that trouble, and I don't even get to figure out what the ending is...

Well regardless, I did do some dream interpretation at http://www.dreammoods.com/ ... And this is what it had to say:

To dream that you are climbing to the top of a cliff, symbolizes your ambition and drive. The dream may parallel your desires to achieve success.
(or know the answer to something? I need some help on this interpretation)

Since I almost jumped off the cliff myself (as in, almost gave up and let go when they were ignoring me), I'll put this up here for effect.--
To dream that you or someone falls off a cliff, suggests that you are going through some difficult times and are afraid of what is ahead for you. You fear that you may not be up for the challenge or that you cannot meet the expectations of others.

This is what ignore says:
To dream that you are ignoring someone or being ignored, represents some aspect of yourself which you are not paying enough attention to.

but I think abandonment fits the scenario better:
To dream that you are abandoned, suggests that it is time to leave behind past feelings and characteristics that are hindering your growth. Let go of your old attitudes.

Before that I was in a town, but I forgot why I was there or why I left. I think that could have been a key to what my thoughts really are about where I need to be. UGH, I really wish I could figure it out.

All of that "nightmare" and interpreting, and I'm still not much closer to figuring out what is going on inside my head... All I know now is that I'm afraid. Now THAT I could have figured out without the cliff, thank you.

Oh well... more waiting I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment