I'm so freaking stressed right now!! I've been number crunching, and deliberating on what needs to be done about my fines, my court date, all the little fees that have to be paid before february; it has my head in a whirl. I literally feel like there's so much mental friction going on, my brain may spontaneously combust!!
For those of you who don't know:
I got a ticket on January 2nd for an array of things, the main one being a DUI (also included no insurance, open container, failure to signal for 2 seconds, driving on a suspended license, etc.). I looked into all of it and found out on average the fines and fees can reach around $10,000 just for the DUI! On top of that the No Insurance on its own is $1000. LUCKILY though, I got a fantastic attorney with discounted services that is working on my side. I have a good feeling about that, which helps, but it really doesn't take away much of the queasy feeling I get when I think about the huge numbers I saw.
Another snag I ran into is I didn't read my ticket thoroughly enough... I was supposed to mail in within 10 days for a license hearing which was separate from the arraignment hearing for my charges. I thought that when I scheduled the arraignment I was done so I didn't worry about mailing anything else in. Well, I was wrong, and realized it 1 day after the deadline. I ended up having to turn in a late hearing request in person and hope that they approve it, otherwise my license is automatically suspended for up to 18 months. I still haven't heard any info on that so the knots in my stomach are finding absolutely no relief in that department.
Ok, enough with the bad news, I can feel my face growing more worry lines with each passing minute.
On the bright side, when I talked to my attorney (and my mother :P) I was told that with some preparation, alot of this can be handled and possibly dropped off of the ticket. Yay! :) I'm potentially climbing my way out of this hole I've dug! It's a good thing too, cause I was beginning to hear some oriental music through the dirt. :P Get it? dug my way to China... heh.. It's funny!!
Anywho, although it seems very possible, it's not gonna be cheap.
So now, I need to get SR-22 insurance on myself and my car by the 26th to avoid losing my registration ($150-200); I also need to get my license reinstated by the time I have the court hearing so it will look better to the judge (hopefully only $30), and pay a fine by the 1st of February to avoid getting my license re-suspended (another $170), I need to pay my attorney (which although discounted is not cheap), I have 2 more tickets to get paid before they come after me ($320-350), and on top of everything else... my car doesn't currently turn on :/ (replacement battery 100$, also needs to be looked at for some other glitches). Not one price tag in there includes anything pertaning to my actual DUI either. I can even guarantee you that I'm forgetting a few things in this list!
I don't know how it's possible to have bitten off as much as I have.. but I really hope I can find a way to chew it before I choke and suffocate.
WHEW!!! Man, thanks for listening. having all of that pent up inside of me was driving me nuts! Thank goodness I had somewhere to write it out and leave it.
Anyway, on my Step By Step list of all of the things that must be done in order for me to get through this hell hole, the next item happens to be a good night's rest! :) So I will give you an update as soon as I have one to give; but for now, this will suffice.
I'll talk to you later, bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment